Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Everything happens for a reason


I believe without a shadow of a doubt, that everything happens for a reason. This is not a biblical thought that I want to debate with anyone; neither the local atheist  agnostic or super bible thumper. This is not meant to look into the worst situations in the world and force me to give a legitimate reason as to why Pearl Harbor was bombed. This is just my belief and I stand by it whereas it affects me. 

Yesterday, 11/26/12 my life changed; it changed because everything happens for a reason. I had set two personal goals for November 2012; start my day on my treadmill and wear my contacts at least 3 times this month. I have met neither of these goals but I did try (i thought about them all month).

Yesterday while peering at myself in  the mirror I reached over and grabbed my mascara and proceeded to put it on. Thereby causing yet another day to go by contact-less  Contacts first, eye makeup second. Now I happen to believe that wearing mascara is one of the most feminine aspects of being a female. There is nothing more deliciously wicked than standing in front of a vanity and creating a dark alluring smoldering look with the wispy ink filled bristles of a mascara brush, even if it is only within the realms of your imagination. 
I did not realize that it had been over 3 weeks since my last rendezvous with the playful art of mascara brushing. Leaning in close to the mirror so that my warm breath played havoc with my vision as it was gently steaming the mirror in an almost teasing manner, I gingerly applied mascara to first my upper lashes. A thick swoop up into the air sealed this moment as complete. Then I softly swept the across my bottom lashes. As quick as it had began, it was over. My eye lashes were just the beginning of my many masterpieces of freedom that I would express through out the day.

But all of that is neither here nor there. What is important is that late into the evening when I should have been sleeping my eyes began to water; each yawn turning my eyes into a virtual flood gate of unleashed salty tears pushing past their barriers to come crashing down as though they were the magnificent Niagara Falls. My eyes began to burn, I could barely make it to the bathroom. Water...my eyes needed water. They needed the smooth wet warmth that could only be provided by...a wash cloth. Gently I touched the refreshingly cool yet warm washcloth against my stinging eyes and as the burning subsided, I looked over to the left side of the counter and I saw the bottle of eye make-up remover almost completely empty. I needed to use remover to get the residual ink of mascara that dares to defy logic and not completely come off with the warm wet wash cloth. I lifted the bottle towards two raised cotton balls and proceeded to pour. There was not enough. 

As I stated before everything happens for a reason and nearest I can figure is if I hadn't decided yesterday to wear mascara for the first time in three weeks I would have never remembered that I was nearly out of eye makeup remover. Therefore I would not have been able to recognize the real reason behind my lack of mascara use recently.

I needed to order some Mary Kay. So I did. 

See, everything happens for a reason.

I have heard rumors that i am a little dramatic at times LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment