Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A new day and a new thought process

This is what I read yesterday...


I absolutely loved this book. It challenged my thought process in terms of trying to find a doctoral program that is NOT focused on Latino/a studies. It brought up the anger and resentment that one feels in graduate school as a minority. As we are part of an even smaller minority than normal in this academic environment. Oh and believe me, I am very angry at times, very angry.

But something more important than anger seeped through...

Where is the disconnect happening? Why is there such a disparity with Chicano/a students between elementary and high school? 

Middle School is the disconnect.

This is seriously disturbing me more than anyone could possibly know. As a result I will spend the rest of the day in my head...


No comments:

Post a Comment